If you’re a teacher or professor, you know that every little bit helps when it comes to saving money. That’s why the Target Teacher Discount is such an amazing program!
Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about how to take advantage of this discount.
What is the Target Teacher Discount, and how do I get it?
The Target Teacher Discount is offered to teachers during Target’s Teacher Prep Event during back-to-school season, which is typically sometime in middle of July through the first week of September.
During this period of time, educators can save 15% on essential school supplies and more. The Target Teacher Discount program is offered through the free Target Circle™ loyalty program, thus enabling teachers to get further savings throughout the year.
To claim this offer, you’ll first need to sign up for an account at Target.com. Once registered, navigate to the settings page and click “Get Verified” — you can verify your teacher status with a valid school email and supporting documents. Once your status is successfully verified, you will receive an exclusive 15% off ONE TIME USE coupon to use on school supplies and more.
This discount allows teachers to enjoy a 15% off site-wide savings when they are shopping at Target, giving teachers the opportunity to get quality school supplies and more.
Who qualifies for the Target Teacher Discount?
All K-12 teachers, homeschool teachers, teachers working at daycare centers and early childhood learning centers, university and college professors, and vocational/trade/technical school teachers with valid identification are eligible. If you are a new teacher or have been previously verified as a teacher in the past, you will need to confirm your teacher status during the Teacher Prep Event.
The most inclusive teacher discount
The Target Teacher Discount is unique in that it is one of the few education discounts that supports home school teachers and college professors, thereby giving educators of all types the chance to save on back to school essentials for the upcoming school year.
How much can I save with the Target Teacher Discount?
With the Target Teacher Discount, you can save 15% off classroom supplies, including pens, pencils, paper, and more. You can also receive exclusive discounts throughout the year through the Target Circle loyalty program, thereby offering more ways to save on school supplies.
What’s more, the Target Teacher Prep event coincides with the time that many states and municipalities have tax free weekends, so this gives teachers an additional way to save during back-to-school season.
What are some of the restrictions on the Target Teacher Discount?
The Target Teacher Discount offers educators the opportunity to save big on items like classroom supplies, educational resources, and technology.
There are some restrictions, though. Here are the main restrictions:
- The first is that this is a one-time-use coupon that can be used in-store or online.
- The coupon cannot be copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, or sold.
- The coupon cannot be applied to previous purchases.
- The Coupon excludes (i) items sold and shipped by Target Plus™ Partners and (ii) alcohol, Apple products, Barbie camper and houses, Beats Fit Pro, Beats Flex, Beats Powerbeats Pro, Beats Studio Buds, Bose, Bullseye’s Playground, Cards Against Humanity, Casper, clinic & pharmacy, Cricut, dairy milk, DockATot, Dockers, Disney Ultimate Princess Castle, Do-a-Dot, DSLR cameras & lenses, Dyson, Facebook Oculus and Portal, face masks (Dolan, Sanctuary & Sugar Fix brands), Fisher Price Laugh n Learn, Fitbit, gift cards, Google, HALO Baby, Hasbro Games (Classic Monopoly, Connect Four, Jenga, Sorry, Trouble), Hatch Maternity, Hot Wheels Ultimate Garage, Honest Baby, HP Inc., Hudson Baby, Infant Optics, Instant Pot, JBL, Lamaze, LEGO, Levi’s Red Label, LG OLED TV, limited-time designer partnerships, Luvable Friends, Mega Bloks, mobile contracts, Monica and Andy, Motrin, Ninja, Nintendo hardware and Switch games, Polder, Peg Perego, Philips Avent, Plan B, power shave, power dental, prepaid cards, PlayStation consoles and accessories, Q by Quincy Mae, Revival, Samsung TVs, Shark, simplehuman, Sonos, Sony Electronics, Take Action, Target Optical, Tempur-Sealy, Touched by Nature, Trading Cards, Tylenol pain relief, Tylenol PM, Ulta Beauty at Target Brands, unlocked phones, Vera Bradley handbags, Weber, What Do You Meme?, Xbox consoles and accessories, and Zoe Doll.
Are there any other ways that teachers can save at Target stores?
The Target Teacher Discount is a one-time-use 15% discount, but after that your can enjoy the savings of being enrolled in the Target Circle™ loyalty program.
Target Circle™ is a loyalty program that is free to join, and you can earn rewards with every purchase. Here’s how the loyalty program works:
- Every time you shop at Target, you’ll get 1% back in rewards that can be used towards your next purchase.
- You can also get exclusive offers through the program, both online and in-store.
- You’ll receive personalized deals based on your shopping habits, so you’re sure to find great savings.
- For every vote you cast on the company’s community giving initiatives, you’ll earn extra points that add up over time.
- As a member of Target Circle, you’ll have access to special events such as early access to sales or VIP concert tickets.
In addition to the Teacher Discount and the year-round discounts that teachers can get through the Target Circle loyalty program, Target also has Target Deal Days twice a year.
Twice a year, Target Deal Days event gives educators, and everyone else, the perfect opportunity to score extraordinary savings on products! To keep up with Amazon’s Prime Day sale, these events are typically held one or two days in advance. With both summer and fall sales taking place right around Amazon’s, this is your chance to save big outside of the Target Teacher Discount.
As an educator, there are plenty of ways to save at Target stores — rom the one-time-use 15% Teacher Discount coupon and the year-round discounts available through Target Circle loyalty program, to the special events such as early access sales or VIP concert tickets that members can enjoy. Additionally, twice a year, you have the chance to score extraordinary savings with Target Deal Days event!
With all these options in hand, educators should take advantage of them and make sure they get maximum value for their money when shopping at Target stores.